Our Feb topic of “Date -> Marry -> Kids!?” was sparked by a guest’s comment that her parents were pushing her to marry and have children. The resulting discussion encompassed a number of topics:
- What’s the purpose of relationships, for you? What do you desire or expect? How do you approach them?
- How have your relationships evolved over time? What’s challenging? What’s working well?
- What parts of monogamy, classic “dating progression,” traditional gender roles, etc work well for you — and what doesn’t?
- What role does marriage play, for you? Why would you or did you get married?
- How do/might children fit into your life?
- What would dating look like if children were not a focus?
Below are some of our questions and takeaways from the discussion! Use them as a jumping off point to ask your own questions or have your own insights — take what is interesting or useful to you, and don’t worry about the rest.
A special thank you to Rob for sharing this Ethical Non-Monogamy Resource List — a curated collection of books, podcast, blogs, and comics!READ MORE